Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Augh!

I had an excellent idea for a blog as I was driving home from my bowling tournament tonight. However, by the time I got home and got on, I had forgotten. I'm furious. I vaguely know that it had something to do with several examples...Ding! we have a winner. I just remembered.

Okay, I also just thought of something else that somehow goes along with it. First is this:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein.

Now if I could just remember my examples, we'd be in business. I do remember one example. My mom used to wake me up everyday at seven in the morning or so, and give me a list of chores to do that day. I would then fall right back asleep and would wake up several hours later. When she would get home around noon, she would always get mad at me for not doing these chores. I honestly never remembered being asked to do them. It's not like I had just blown them off. I just couldn't remember them.

This happened pretty much everyday for a month or two. I told my mom that it would all be solved if she would just write the list down for me. She then got mad at me for not being willing to change, for making her conform to my system. It was frustrating. However, yesterday and today, she wrote a list. I accomplished everything on the lists and all was/is well.

My second thought is this:

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

This was displayed above the door to the band room at Viewmont High School. Wayman (our director, and one of my heroes) would frequently ask us if we had looked up when we walked in. He would particularly do this when kids were goofing off and not taking rehearsal seriously. Anyhow, I just like that quote.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Insanity, therefore, is not a condition, but a habit." -Steve Buys

Thanks for reading. I'll catch ya later. (...as in tomorrow...)

No comments:

Post a Comment